[Freeswitch-users] Is there an (Overhead) "Page" Application/Function?

Chris Chen chris.chen2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 05:42:12 MSD 2014

The simple solution is using Polycom SoundPoint IP phones running 4.x or
higher firmware.  Just use the built-in paging function, no single ip pbx
involved for the paging function at all.

Chris
On Apr 21, 2014 9:25 PM, "Sean Devoy" <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> If this exists and I have missed, I am sorry.  However searching for
“page” hits like every “Page n” in the wiki.

> I was demonstrating Freeswitch to a new customer who was rightfully
impressed.  As no good deed goes unpunished, they have a request.  In this
case “they” is the one who pays the bill!  I was demonstrating “intercom”
(aka auto-answer) and they were amazed.  But, then HE said so is there a
number I can dial so I can make announcements to EVERYBODY on their
intercom?

> So I can brute force it in the dial plan, but before I jumped in, “isn’t
there an app for that?”  The key features would be it sets auto-answer=true
and dials everyone ELSEs extension, but not the one dialing.  So, do I have
to have an extension for this “feature” with nested <conditions> for caller
id and bridge statements for each extension.  This will of course have to
be updated whenever an extension is added.  That’s not unreasonable for
this customer as there are out of rooms to put people in.

> I was hoping to not re-invent the wheel.  Also, if someone had a cute
script to share that would be awesome.  Maybe something that identified all
currently registered users (in this REALM) and built the bridge statement
dynamically, excluding the caller???  I would love to start learning more
of this type of scripting function.