[Freeswitch-users] Anyone got ZRTP MiTM working?

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:48:02 MSD 2014

Thanks guys. It was indeed a silly mistake.
Recompiling latest mster from git with the ZRTP flag now works.

I see ZRTP being established correctly but I still can't get FS to confirm
that the call is secure in the dialplan.
I think the issue may lie with the correct wording of
the ${zrtp_secure_media_confirmed}

Here's what the logs show (note that zrtp is indeed active as I can see the
SAS in both Jitsi and CSipSimple)

parsing [features->is_zrtp_secure] continue=true
Dialplan: sofia/internal/1010 at my.domain.com Regex (FAIL) [is_zrtp_secure]
${zrtp_secure_media_confirmed}() =~ /^true$/ break=on-false
Dialplan: sofia/internal/1010 at my.domain.com ANTI-Action eval(not_secure)
EXECUTE sofia/internal/1010 at my.domain.com eval(not_secure)
2014-04-09 18:33:10.872707 [NOTICE] switch_core_session.c:2953 Execute
eval(not_secure)
EXECUTE sofia/internal/1010 at my.domain.com eval(not_secure)

I've tried playing with the wording of the ${zrtp_secure_media_confirmed}
since I recall a similar problem with SRTP and some recent code changes in
FS (I added audio to the name of the variable)
Unfortunately none of the 2 options I tried made any difference.

<extension name="is_zrtp_secure" continue="true">
      <condition field="${zrtp_secure_media_confirmed}" expression="^true$">
      <!-- <condition field="${zrtp_secure_media_confirmed_audio}"
expression="^true$">-->
<action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
<action application="playback" data="misc/call_secured.wav"/>
<anti-action application="eval" data="not_secure"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Any clues as to what's wrong?

Thanks,