[Freeswitch-users] Sending SAVPF INVITE to Opensips

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Sat Sep 28 21:51:22 MSD 2013

Hi Stanislav,

Opensips doesn't register our media servers, it just passed traffic through
it and is all based on IP address.  What I'm trying to do is get FreeSWITCH
to take an AVP INVITE from Bandwidth.com, answer that call leg, then send
an SAVPF INVITE to Opensips then to OverSIP and finally to a Chrome client.
 Instead, it's sending an AVP INVITE.

Hence, the INVITE reaches my Chrome client endpoint, but Chrome responds,
rightly so, with a 488 Not Acceptable Here because Chrome only supports
SAVPF profiles.

In Asterisk, in the gateway configuration, I would put avpf=yes to tell
Asterisk to send the INVITE with SAVPF, but on FreeSWITCH, since WebRTC is
so new, and since I'm only about a week into my experiences with
FreeSWITCH, the documentation for this is tough to find.

Hope this helps clarify, and thanks for responding.

James