[Freeswitch-users] Gsmopen: K3520 automatic device discovery

Johannes Stads stadsj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 21:40:46 MSD 2013

Hello.
I've built FS on a CentOS 6.4 virtual machine (MacOS 10.8 Parallels) using minimal config for testing with Huawei K3520 dongle. It was initially unlocked (Vodafone DE) and voice enabled by default. Using manual USB port config all worked fine including calls and sms, voice quality was good. It uses USB2 port for modem, and USB1 for audio. I tried to attach 2 dongles, made used rules and that worked fine too, however this scenario does not guarantee the same order in which dongles are seen after each reboot.

Automatic device discovery does not seem to work with that dongle. I specified IMSI for each dongle, or IMEA, or both. Every time mod_gsmopen tries to use /dev/ttyUSB3 which is not a proper choice for those dongles. I can see K3520 in the list of supported dongles. Maybe  something I do wrong. Any idea?

Jo