[Freeswitch-users] No TALK and NOTALK events are fired

mathieu virard mathieu.virard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:07:34 MSD 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get TALK and NOTALK events but it seems that theses events
are never fired. That's what I've done so far:
 - add the line "<param name="vad" value="both"/>" under settings in my sip
profile
 - add the lines "<action application="set" data="fire_talk_events=true"/>
and <action application="set" data="fire_not_talk_events=true"/> "  to my
dialplan (I also tried with "export" instead of "set", and i tried to use
the "rtp_enable_vad_out" variable without success)
- I started a the fs_cli.exe console and typed: "/event talk" and "/event
notalk"
- I established a call which uses the modified sip profile and dialplan.
 I alternatively speak on the microphone and mute it, but i can't see any
event on the console but the hearbeats (i also activate "/event heartbeat"
to be sure that event are well displayed)

Has someone an idea about what i did wrong / missunderstood? My intention
is to detect inactivity on the call and to process this event in an
external application connected to freeswitch.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

mathieu