[Freeswitch-users] Webapi url formation issue

Mark Chaney mail at lists.macscr.com
Mon Sep 23 13:36:24 MSD 2013

I am trying to setup a webapi url that I can form to make automated
calls to an extension and then do some text to speech. I cant seem to
get the url right and could really use some help. Here is what I have so
far:

http://pbx.domain.com:8080/webapi/originate?sofia/internal/644@pbx.domain.com%20text2speech-test

But I get a response of:

-ERR NO_USER_RESPONSE

The extension never rings though and I dont see anything in the console
to show that my custom dialplan was ran:

<extension name="text2speech" >
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^text2speech-(.*)$"

        <action application="answer" />
        <action application="sleep" data="2000" />
        <action application="playback"
data="shout://translate.google.com/translate_tts?tl=en&q=$1" />
        <action application="sleep" data="10000" />
        <action application="hangup" />
    </condition>
</extension>

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. This is
my first attempt at using the webapi, so I am a bit lost.

-Mark