[Freeswitch-users] DNS lookup on outbound proxy FQDN failing

James Lotery jlotery at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 23:12:57 MSD 2013

Cal, thanks for your reply.

I've added {sip_gethostbyname=true} to the dialplan i.e.:

<action application="bridge"
data="{sip_gethostbyname=true}sofia/gateway/gw/+$1"/> but am still getting
the same error. If in my gateway definition I use the IP in lieu of the
FQDN it works.

This should work ok in the bridge application correct?

If all else fails I can look at setting up a local DNS server.

Thanks

James