[Freeswitch-users] Chat issue

Vilson C. Gärtner vilson at vgdata.net
Fri Sep 13 22:07:43 MSD 2013

Hi people,
I'm subscribed to this list a few weeks and this is my first post. So, let
me first thank the FS folk for this great project. I've a little background
in Asterisk, but FS surprised me in many points.

So, as I told I'm new on FS and have been playing around for few days. Even
so,  thanks to the well documented help and a lot of Google searching, I
was able to make things working like a charm: video, inbound, outbound...
everything is working nicely.

The problem I am struggling against now is send chat messages from one
extension to another. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something (obvious), but
I can't solve it.

Here is what happens: my sever as an IP (lets suppose 123.123.123.123) ,
but the extensions are registered using the server's name (voip2.xxxxx.xxx).

Using the cli command, I've found out the problem: sending a "chat sip" to
an extension, using the IP, works without problem, for instance:
chat sip|1001 at 123.123.123.123|1007 at 123.123.123.123|Message

But when I use the server's name, I see the following errors:
[WARNING] sofia_presence.c:219 Not sending to local box for
1007 at voip2.xxxxx.xxx
[ERR] sofia_presence.c:270 Chat proto [global]
from ["1001" <sip:1001 at voip2.xxxxx.xxx>]
to [1007 at voip2.xxxxx.xxx]
Mensagem enviada (Message sent) !!!! (not true ;-)
Nobody to send to: Profile voip2.xxxxx.xxx

Sending a message from one extension to another, the error says:  Nobody to
send to: Profile internal

I added an alias to internal.xml, without results.

To finish my first (and huge) message, let me say that when I register an
extension using the server's IP  it works.
So, what must I configure and where, to solve this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Vilson