[Freeswitch-users] Configuring Freeswitch 1.4b for WebRTC Peer to Peer and to the PSTN

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Wed Sep 11 21:31:09 MSD 2013

Hi Anthony,

I have a Chrome client behind a NAT'd network, and I have a Freeswitch 1.4b
instance sitting behind a NAT'd EC2 server.  I enabled ws-binding in
internal.xml. It's the only area where I see anything related to
Websockets.

I also verified my firewall is opened on port 5066. I can see requests
coming in from Chrome when I try to register, but Freeswitch's logs don't
even twitch.  I followed the instructions here to enable DEBUG logging:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Freeswitch

I've also grepped the configuration files and internal.xml is the only
location of "websocket", other than the htdocs.... which seem to relate to
getting a GUI running.

Perhaps there's something I'm misunderstanding about logging in Freeswitch?
 I verified from the console that debug logging is enabled.

Hope this helps and thank you!
James

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org