[Freeswitch-users] Debian repository out of date

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 10 22:36:01 MSD 2013

And YAY the repo has been fixed! We had a little SNAFU in the repo config
with the addition of jesse... Things are back to normal now... Have at it
guys

On 9/10/13 3:51 AM, "Andrew Cassidy" <andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk>
wrote:

> Ben, what Micheal is talking about (passing patches upstream) is a
> prerequisite to what Karl is talking about (getting into the main Debian
> repositories)
>
> We can't do the latter without the former.
>

> On 9 September 2013 22:32, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>> Yep and I¹m trying to figure out why... Currently everything is getting
>> rebuilt, but as I said this takes several hours of processing time to
>> complete and then I will reset the repo
>>

>> On 9/9/13 4:21 PM, "Steven Ayre" <steveayre at gmail.com
>> <http://steveayre@gmail.com> > wrote:
>>
>>> I see 1.2.12 in the pool, but it isn't listed in the Packages file so apt
>>> doesn't find them.
>>>
>>> http://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/P
>>> ackages

Last I heard there were concerns around some of the custom patches to
upstream libraries used in FreeSWITCH that was blocking getting packages
into the official repo?

The other issue is by getting into debian repositories, we're pretty much
obliged to backport security patches between debian releases.

On 8 September 2013 06:39, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org
On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com
<http://karl@xtronics.com> > wrote:
> On 09/07/2013 04:16 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com
<http://karl@xtronics.com> > wrote:
>>> My take is 286 packages is too many. Compare it to Apache - lots of
complicated bits can be added
>>> - but the package count isn't even close.
>>
>> Why is that too many? Being granular is a good thing.
>
> I think you are missing my point - Debian will not accept 280 packages for
freeswitch. Ask the
> ftp-masters. The packaging system is not intended to provide fine-grained
granularity.

There was no discussion of Debian accepting packages or not. So, yeah,
I would have missed that point.

> I am quite thankful to the maintainers - and my advice is an attempt to help
them get freeswitch
> into Debian.

They're making lots of progress in this area. Of course, any help is
welcomed.

Best,
Gabe

consulting at freeswitch.org <http://consulting@freeswitch.org>