[Freeswitch-users] Debian repository out of date

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 6 07:05:41 MSD 2013

The scripts for both are in the source tree... For debian its the
debian/util.sh script, for rhel platforms its scripts/ci/rpmbuilder.sh

The whole point of the way the system is put together is you make your own
config package, that via dependancies installs only the packages that you
need from FS...

What sense does it make to install TDM drivers if you are doing only sip? Or
do you really need to install voicemail and all its related files if you are
just doing a simple SBC?

A basic default install is a bit over 100meg... Now that doesn't sound like
a lot in a the days of 4TB HDDs, but when you are dealing with say a
BeagleBoneBlack that only has 2G of flash, that's ~5% of your usable storage
space, and that's not including all the the other software you have to fit
on there... And I'm not the only one that would argue that 2G is a good bit
of space, there are platforms out there that have 512M of flash, and it
wasn't that long ago we were cramming the entire OS, and all the software
you wanted to run in 16 to 32M of flash...