[Freeswitch-users] Receiving faxes through Freeswitch

Ravi sravi123 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 21:01:48 MSD 2013

Hello Everyone !

I am trying to use Freeswitch to primarily receive and rarely send
    faxes. I have a user 1050 defined as in the pastebin ... http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/21361

I have a PRI connection and I have configured Freeswitch to have incoming and outgoing calls. Can someone on this list help me with the following:

1) Is there a difference between the user configuration for the user that receives calls and the one that receives a fax? I merely copied the user configuration that came with Freeswitch for user 1000.xml into 1050.xml. should it be differently configured for a number that is allotted to receive faxes ?

2) The dialplan for receiving faxes is given below: Does this look ok or am I missing something ?

<extension name="fax_receive">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(050$)">
    <action application="answer" />
    <action application="playback" data="silence_stream://2000"/>
    <action application="rxfax" data="$${base_dir}/faxes/${caller_id_number}.tif"/>
    <action application="hangup"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

3) The number that I have configured to receive faxes is 4302050.
    When I dial this number from a phone, the call is received in
    Freeswitch. But when I try to send a fax online from any of the
    internet online fax services or from a local fax machine, the call is never received in
    Freeswitch. Any potential reason why this could be happening ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time and support.

Best,
Ravi