[Freeswitch-users] UK SIP Trunk providers

Alex Kinch alex at alexkinch.com
Tue Oct 29 23:39:59 MSK 2013

Hi Cal

> @Cal not sure what AQL ratecard you're looking at that charges 26ppm for
> UK
> > Mobile Orange, I'd hazard a guess you need to divide that by 10? Even
> when
> > you do that's still a little on the  expensive side for wholesale.
>
> Take a look at http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/aql_tariff.pdf
> Page 257, peak is £0.128, off peak is £0.269.
>
> I asked them about this before and they said "the majority of our
> customers make calls during the day, so we charge more during the
> evenings".
>
> I lol'd hard.

That has to be an old rate card from not a million years ago when off-peak
was more expensive than peak for a while. Even now, that peak rate is quite
expensive for retail. Then again, they've probably got customers paying it,
so that's a nice healthy margin :)

As for the rest of my points, wasn't aimed at you personally Cal - more to
the thread in general. The point still stands though that there's no wrong
or right solution, it all depends on the requirements.

Cheers,

Alex