[Freeswitch-users] xmllint and default config

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Fri Oct 25 07:26:19 MSD 2013

On 10/24/2013 07:49 PM, Ken Rice wrote:
> indoubt it will be fixed at all... freeswitch xml actually can do things that will make xml[l]int
> seriously complain
>
> Ken
> Sent from my iPad

Actually, only two places have an issue

I'm not sure what abstraction.xml is about - and I'm not sure if replacing the '<' with &gt; will
not break anything?

original:
<api name="user_name" description="Return Name for extension" syntax="<exten>"

What stopped me from trying to fix it, is that abstraction does abstraction - thus it might need to
violate the xml?

,.,.

BTW - My original purpose in playing with xmllint was to find a way to identify which file an error
is in.  I've done bits where I put an purposeful error to get it's line number - reload - move the
purposeful error around until I locate the real one. Now I have a better way.

$ cd /etc/freeswitch
$ find . -name \*.xml -type f -exec xmllint --noout {} \;

This will list which file has the syntax error.

This tells me that there are only two files that have a problem in the default config:
autoload_configs/abstraction.conf.xml

and

autoload_configs/cidlookup.conf.xml

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Looking at money through the eyes of emotion will provide you with poverty.
In a free society, considering money through objective logic will provide you with wealth. kps