[Freeswitch-users] [Special Announcement] ClueCon Weekly Special Security Edition! Wed Oct 23rd @ 1PM Eastern

Moshe3t moshe3t at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 18:47:17 MSD 2013

Hi

I would suggest (I have Bcc'd Yealink as well) that as they have when a
phone is reset to factory default it pops up on the screen of the phone
local network option (DHCP/Static) and modifiable via phone keypad it
should also ask encrypted provisioning or not and if encrypted is chosen
it should let the end user put in the decryption key via phone keypad
which will be available on the website of the provisioning server
(assuming the its secure as in most cases might hold sip credes as
well)  so the end user will be able to setup and auto provision their
phone without login to the phone web gui (ok! it won't zero touch it
will be 1 touch provisioning, as if the doesn't have to touch the phone
at all ;-) )

before submitting this approach to any vendors i would like to hear
input and make sure the issue is addressed properly and hear if anyone
have a better approach to fix this issue globally (at least with Yealink
line ofproduct  as they seem to be very cooperative and understanding in
general especially when it comes to security, in hopes other companies
will follow suit)

Sincerely

Moshe BT