[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM tones.conf Disconnect Supervision

Nandy Dagondon nandy1925 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 06:27:58 MSD 2013

Hello all,

Our telco recently changed their call progress tones:

Dialtone: 450Hz continuous
Ringback tone: 450Hz/1 sec ON 4 sec OFF
Busy tone:  450Hz/360ms ON 360 OFF
Attn: 950Hz/continuous (0db)

The way I understand it, FXO listens for the dialtone then sends DTMF
tones. After this, it expects either the Ringback or Busy tone. I read
Michael Collin's post that FreeTDM doesn't detect (as of now) cadence.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.freeswitch.user/36531
Questions:
1. What state will FreeTDM go when it detects 450Hz? Ringing or Busy? I
presume it would be Ringing or it would hangup.
2. Can I use tone_detect to distinguish them?  Can I use a series of
tone_detects? Any suggestion where to go?

If not ...
My last recourse will be - wait for the Attn tone. But ... will FreeTDM
jump to hangup the call upon detecting this?

Thanks,
/Nandy