[Freeswitch-users] Performance issue

Stephen Wilde wstephen80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 19:53:37 MSD 2013

Hi all,
we have an issue with our FreeSwitch box that to us seems to be performance
related.
The effect is that in FreeSwitch the number of session reaches the limit we
set in config as:

<param name="max-sessions" value="xxxxx"/>

The limit is reached independently of its value because when FreeSwitch is
in this state, the number of sessions grows indefinitely.

We have tried to upgrade the hardware of the box moving from a Xeon 2 CPU
E5649 (12 core 2.53GHz) to a Xeon 4 CPU E5-4640 (32 core 2.40GHz) but with
this more powerful hardware it happens that the limit is reached with less
sessions.
It seems that performance are related to the speed of single core instead
of speed of the box.
Make sense?

A example of "status" issued before the crash is:

14969852 session(s) since startup
13765 session(s) - 538 out of max 1000 per sec
30000 session(s) max
min idle cpu 0.00/36.00
Current Stack Size/Max 240K/8192K

Any advice?