[Freeswitch-users] recommendations for Wifi SIP phones?

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Sat Oct 12 03:57:37 MSD 2013

Karl, I think what Michael means is that SIP is a signaling protocol and
would having nothing to do with audio issues.  If google voice or skype
work on a wifi link and SIP does not then it is most likely due to the
choice of audio codec.  Google voice is probably using something like
g.729 or speex/opus whereas if you haven't made changes to a default SIP
install you may be using G.711 or G.722, etc.

My experience has been that wifi on good APs with the appropriate codec
is just barely ok for business users.  I think most people that are
serious about it in a business environment are using DECT.

Kevin