[Freeswitch-users] Intel Atom performance

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Sat Oct 12 02:22:15 MSD 2013

Also note that at least up until one generation ago on Atom - and
possibly still true for the current generation - the processors are all
in-order processing. Something like a Via Nano X2/X4 is going to be
out-of-order processing, which *might* give you more bang for your
buck.  I have a Via Nano X2 here but all I've done with it so far was
some testing of OpenSIPS on it, not Freeswitch yet.

In general knowing the specs necessary for a given build-out depends
highly on your usage scenario.  There's no simple equation to plug in.

-Yossi