[Freeswitch-users] Root tag missing

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:35:29 MSD 2013

Hi,

I am looking at a system from a customer having an old version of
Freeswitch. For some reason, freeswitch doesn't seem to start - logs are
something like:

[ERR] switch_xml.c:1467 Short write!
[ERR] switch_xml.c:1467 Short write!
[ERR] switch_xml.c:1467 Short write!
[ERR] switch_xml.c:1467 Short write!
.
.
.
Cannot Initialize [[error near line 1]: root tag missing!

log/freeswitch.xml.fsxml is empty, and customer is not using xml_curl.

I ran xmllint, but couldn't really find any obvious problems.
freeswitch.xml and vars.xml seem fine.. anything else that I could check?
May be some xml is missing, but I am not sure which one!