[Freeswitch-users] callgroup variable in user.xml

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 12:37:11 MSD 2013

Hi,

I think it'd be wise to point out that many of these variables relate
directly to the default configuration and in most cases are only used
within the default dialplan and other configuration files. I have found one
or two exceptions for this rule (for example default_country in vars.xml is
used directly by mod_translate)

So whilst those variables are used in call pickup as Callum said, they're
not required to use call pickup, you could implement that in a completely
different way if you wanted to.

On 3 October 2013 09:22, Callum Guy <callum.guy at x-on.co.uk> wrote:

> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Callgroup_intercept
>
> ______________________________
>
> Callum Guy
> Developer
>
> X-on
> Framlingham Technology Centre
> Station Road, Framlingham,
> Suffolk, IP13 9EZ
>
> T       0333 332 0116
> E       callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
>

> X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company registered in England and Wales
> Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD
> Company Registration No. 2578478
>
> This email has been sent from X-on.The contents and attachments are confidential to the sender and the intended addressees.If the message
> is received by anyone other than the addressee please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from
> your computer without copying or disclosing the contents to anyone.Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this email are those of
> the sender and do not bind X-on unless confirmed by authorised representatives independently of this message.While best endeavours have
> been taken to avoid transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to scan for these.Please note emails sent to and from X-on
> are routinely monitored for record keeping and quality control, to ensure regulatory compliance and prevent unauthorised use of our systems.
>

> On 3 October 2013 07:32, Richard Mace <richard.mace at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Can anyone tell me what the callgroup variable is used for in the
>> user.xml (1000.xml) file please?
>> Does it relate to a "ring" group, or "call pickup" group?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Richard

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com