[Freeswitch-users] Conference Configure Multiple Prompts

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 15:00:14 MSD 2013

Hi All,

I am working with the conference application and controlling it remotely
with ESL. I have a requirement to assign multiple prompts to the same event
- in this case conference join.

I have configured an application to record a users name, and wish to play
"NAME..." followed by a default prompt "..has joined the conference".
Similarly i plan to use the same idea when callers leave the conference.

I am first looking at the application parameters
in "autoload_configs/conference.conf.xml" and wondering if there is a way
to share a list of prompts - something along the lines of the following
which i naively hoped would repeat the prompt twice (obviously it doesn't
work, otherwise i wouldn't be asking!):

<param name="alone-sound"
value="/usr/share/sounds/ConferencingOnlyPerson.wav
/usr/share/sounds/ConferencingOnlyPerson.wav"/>

I can advance this by changing strategy and broadcasting an event (play
application) to all known conference members however i suspect there may be
a better and cleaner way of doing this so i'm putting the question to the
community!

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Callum