[Freeswitch-users] Documentation about available options

Phil Mickelson phil at cappgen.com
Tue Oct 1 21:43:19 MSD 2013

Avi,

I appreciate the response.  I have found that before but unfortunately, it
doesn't answer my question.  I'm still searching for complete documentation.

Let me add a couple of things also:

1.  I have bought all the books:  1.06, 1.2 and the Cookbook.  I read the
1.06 book cover to cover.  Never did that before and I've been in this
business for 35 years.
2.  I paid for and attended ClueCon in August.  Had a great time.  One of
the best conferences I've ever attended.

I understand this is open source.  No, I haven't paid anything directly for
the software.  I don't expect anything for free.  But, if I have no way of
getting answers on my own I'm stuck with two options:  Either keep
searching in the dark, or go back to Asterisk.  Asterisk isn't as fast or
capable (at least from what I've seen) as FreeSWITCH.  One of my big
hot-buttons is multi-tenant.   After much struggling I've finally be able
to get that to work, again, through no help of the docs.  I plan to add my
own chapter with a full explanation of how to make this work (if I stick
around that long!).

Sometimes it doesn't matter how good the product is.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Regards,
Phil Mickelson

You can send calls to the VM of a specific account, e.g. 1234:

<action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain_name} 1234"/>

You have to make sure they can check appropriately, too.
-Avi

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Phil Mickelson <phil at cappgen.com
wrote:

>* Hello,*>**>* Is there anywhere in the documentation where I can go and get a list of*>* options available for any particular section of FreeSWITCH.  To be more*>* specific; I was looking for the options that I could use in the Directory*>* XML files.  For example, I was looking to find if I could specify the VM*>* box for an extension so that multiple extensions would feed the same*>* mailbox.  After much searching I did find the "mailbox" setting.  However,*>* this took a long time and I just happened on it in a sample.*>**>* I've now done this for several months and just want to find out if I'm*>* missing something (easy, hard, or I'm just stupid) or it just doesn't exist*>* and I need to continue searching like I do.*>**>* Thank you.*>**>* Phil Mickelson*

*
*