[Freeswitch-users] g729

Ashley Breeden ash at url.net.au
Sat Nov 30 05:13:13 MSK 2013

Sorry - To clarify I think I might have been using one the annual license options they had and I was 6 months into the 12 month option and license just stopped working overnight.  The licensing server used to periodically contact their server and I think after about a month of unable to reach them the licensing server would stop functioning.  When they went into liquidation I think everything got pretty much turned off without notice.

I possibly had perpetual licenses with them as well as I was moving to the site model as it worked out more cost effective when you ran multiple servers.  I think this must have been around 3 years ago, fortunately at the time they closed down FreeSWITCH started offering G729 directly so the switch over was as simple as putting my paypal details on the order form and I was able to get back up and running.

I certainly agree the site model does have it's issues especially if you only had a single license server, but I still think that it should be possible to reissue licenses, perhaps you put a limit on how many times it can be done.  I think Vestec do this with their ASR licenses, but this might have changed I haven't looked at Vestec for about 12 months.

Ash.