[Freeswitch-users] siprec question

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 18:04:11 MSK 2013

There are people that will know better than me, but you have a number of

1) Just use tcpdump (optionally with netcat). Unless you're using media
encryption, there are many tools that can decode the call audio streams and
play them back

2) Use the API to originate a call to a third party and connect it to the
eavesdrop application. For example <action application="set"
data="api_on_answer=originate sofia/internal/recording-endpoint
&eavesdrop(${uuid})" /> will connect a third party to listen in to the
call, potentially a recording application.

There are probably other ways, too :)

On 25 November 2013 19:46, gk <gregjkim at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to configure FreeSwitch so that sip calls can be recorded
> with
> an external recording application? I've read about OrkAudio, but that seems
> to use passive recording via span port mirroring. I'm looking to perform
> active sip recording through a connected socket/port. That would require
> FreeSwitch to establish a socket connection with the recorder, but I'm not
> sure if that's something FreeSwitch can do. Thanks.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*
Managing Director

*T <info at cassidywebservices.co.uk> *03300 100 960  *F