[Freeswitch-users] Interesting... Doorbot!

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Tue Nov 26 03:48:42 MSK 2013

I really like the 2n door phones - it will do all of that, but also
speak SIP (and integrate with anything, and can also use proximity cards).

Yes, they are more money too.

For the same or less money, get a Grandstream IP camera.  They can do
SIP (including video), and they give you dry contact input and output
for the door bell button.  They will run off 12v DC, and you can even
use a USB WiFi dongle if you don't have Ethernet with PoE handy.

I'm not trying to knock it, but why try to re-invent something
proprietary, when there are plenty of good open solutions available.

-Tim