[Freeswitch-users] Quality headset regarding voip

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Fri Nov 22 19:12:43 MSK 2013

Dear FS community,

Can anyone advise me some quality headsets regarding voip. Real good
speakers for listening music and such is also welcome, but the most
important factor is quality of microphone and sound regarding voip.

Anyone else who is mainly working with a softphone (or a headset
combined with a normal physical phone)? There are so many manufacturers
out there, who claim HD, etc., but I think most of it is just branding /
marketing.

Requirements or would be nice to have:
- Wired (preferable with detachable / replaceable wires).
- Noise Cancelling Microphone.
- Doesn't rely on additional manufacturer software.
- Good performance on BSD/Linux (my platform is 100% BSD/Linux).
- Integrated good USB sound card, which is easier to handle on my
  platform(?)

Price: not important, although the differences in prices are huge. Some
have a focus for gaming, while others are pointing towards office
environments.

Example office (expensive): VXI UC ProSet LUX 31
http://www.vxicorp.com/products/contact-center-and-office-solutions/corded/vxi-uc-proset-lux/

Example gaming (expensive):
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Sound-Blaster-EVO-ZxR.aspx

If someone can help me/others decide what to look for: many thanks for
reading and sharing your knowledge and experience with me/us!

--
EL