[Freeswitch-users] Abort Sequential Bridge and Continue the Dialplan

Dan Carlson Dan.Carlson at j2.com
Wed Nov 20 18:10:29 MSK 2013

Hi, I'm using the ESL:IVR package to create a script that will process via an Outbound ESL Socket. Things are working great, but I have one problem.

When I do a bridge from the ESL:IVR script, the caller needs to be able to abort the bridge, and continue the execution of the ESL:IVR script (the bridge has continue_on_fail=true). I launch a mod_perl script when the caller presses a button (via bind_digit_action) where I can execute commands.

>From the investigating I've done it seems you can only exit a bridge by sending the call to Park or Transfer, and neither of these allow me to return to the original execution path of the ESL:IVR script. I could transfer to another extension that enters socket again, but I'm worried that could cause more problems.

I also tried to do a hupall targeting a variable sent to the bridge legs, but this doesn't work if I'm doing a sequential dial (the first group of sequential numbers get hungup on, but all future sequential dials continue).

So, any suggestions for how to 'unbridge' a caller and continue the dialplan that called the bridge?

Thanks,
Dan Carlson

Cloud Services for Business www.j2.com
j2 | eFax | eVoice | FuseMail | Campaigner | KeepItSafe | Onebox

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. (c) 2013 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice, Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, and Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.