[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Performance

Andre andretodd at verizon.net
Wed Nov 20 03:09:23 MSK 2013

Hi, I am testing out my FreeSWITCH  1.2.14 64 bit windows 8.1 on my
Alienware Laptop with a very fast SSD and I7 processor with 8 GB DDR3 Ram.

I have been using a pjsip test tool to test FreeSWITCH to see how it
performs. Tell me if I'm wrong here, I believe if I sent "too many" calls to
FreeSWITCH  that it queues up the calls and sooner or later uses all the
memory on my PC then just stops working.  I do have the CPS sent to 1500 for
testing but I never hit that high, I hit about 200 CPS.

The CDRs that save to my database show it takes about 8 seconds from start
time to end time. It does start out only taking milliseconds then it
progresses to the 8 second mark.

The calls are just going to FreeSWITCH then I'm sending back a 503.

I have every mod turned off, logging set to 0, Core db going to a SQL Server
and I even set FreeSWITCH to real time.

Can anyone give me advise on what I can do to get better performance?  I've
also tested it out on my real server but in about 3 minutes of 50 cps
FreeSWITCH uses up 3gb of memory and stops responding.

I'm at a loss here on what else to do.

Andre