[Freeswitch-users] Static and Scratchy Audio

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 22:47:36 MSK 2013

HINT If you are using webrtc with FS especially in production you must stay
current on latest master.
1.4 is only there to test the packaging at this stage.

Try not using opus.  There seem to be some oddities with it lately.  Try
using isac or pcmu.
Also try setting up a call to delay_echo or to something like a conference
so you can compare.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM, James Mortensen <
james.mortensen at synclio.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two FreeSWITCH 1.4b servers running on Amazon EC2.  Starting
> yesterday, the call quality suddenly got so bad that callers from the PSTN
> can't hear the other person talking.
>
> The setup is Chrome WebRTC -> FreeSWITCH -> PSTN (Level 3/Bandwidth.com)
>
> We've cleared all users off the server and are trying to find out the
> cause. We're not dropping packets on the server or the client, yet there's
> problems with the audio.
>
> The audio issues occur with both servers, regardless of how many active
> calls there are.  We don't have a problem with Chrome to Chrome peer to
> peer calls, so it seems like it's a problem inside FreeSWITCH.
>
> Here's what we've tried:
>
>    - Checking for dropped packets
>    - Restarting FreeSWITCH
>    - Moving all users to another server so we test only with 1 active
>    call.
>    - Trying calls with both Level 3 as well as Bandwidth.com trunk
>    providers.
>
> Does anyone have some ideas on what we can try next?
>

> Thank you!
> James

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II