[Freeswitch-users] Best codec for VOIP over VSAT

Jan Sverre Andreassen jan.andreassen at sbexp.com
Wed Nov 13 19:30:02 MSK 2013

Guys,
We have some vessels with around 512kbs VSAT links. The latency is around 650ms. I heard the people have had success with g.729 on similar systems. Does anyone know if Opus or some other built-in codecs are comparable to g.729, and what parameters I can set in order to gain more control over the bandwidth usage? I have currently standard Opus running, but I'm not in control over how much bandwidth Opus is using.
Best Regards,

Jan Sverre Andreassen

This email and any files contained therein is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not the named addressee(s) or you have otherwise received this in error, you should not distribute or copy this e-mail or use any of its content for any purpose. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete it from your system.