[Freeswitch-users] Can't change external RTP IP

Oleg Stolyar ostolyar at netflix.com
Fri May 31 03:38:43 MSD 2013

Hi guys,

I am trying to change expternal_rtp_ip for one of my sip profiles.

To make thing as simple as possible, I changed it in the internal profile
(internal.xml).  I just set it to a literal IP address.  Then I registered
a soft phone on the FS and tried to make a call.

The call went through and FS console said that it connected to vociemail
but I could not hear anything.  Wireshark said that the SDP address that FS
sent back is still FS's internal IP address.

Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Thank you
*Oleg*