[Freeswitch-users] Getting CHANNEL_PROGRESS event only sometimes when originating call

mbo mbodbg at gmx.net
Tue May 28 02:02:49 MSD 2013

We are using Freeswitch version 1.2.9. connected with an Sangoma A104 card to the PSTN. If I originate a call though esl socket connection, I'm not always getting a CHANNEL_PROGRESS event. In the test scenario, I'm repeating the originate a couple of times with the same phone number and same parameters, sometimes I get CHANNEL_PROGRESS sometimes not. In the Q.931 trace I can see that I always get a ALERT message, which if I see it correctly, should be converted into a CHANNEL_PROGRESS event.

We also have a demo system here with 2 Sangoma A101 cards connected with an crossed E1 cable (also Freeswitch 1.2.9). If I perform the same test here, I always get the CHANNEL_PROGRESS event.

Are there any known issues that CHANNEL_PROGRESS event isn't fired reliable when originating calls via freetdm?

Thanks

Markus