[Freeswitch-users] Channel variable usage in IVR

John M j_mj at aol.com
Thu May 23 22:38:54 MSD 2013

Hi list...

Is it valid to use a variable inside the digits="" element in an IVR?

Eg; <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="/^([${default_ivr_actionkeys}])$/" param="transfer $1 XML features"/>

The value of ${default_ivr_actionkeys} is: 12345

It works if I put the list of number in the regex manually but when I try using it with the variable it won't work.

I need to create a dynamic set of digits options for our IVR feature because different customers set different keypress options and I need to dynamically generate this from a db.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Jm