[Freeswitch-users] Conference questions

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu May 23 19:01:11 MSD 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Matthew Cordes <cordes.matthew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. Here are a few more questions / comments below:
>> 1. How do I translate conference cli commands (e.g. "conference xxx mute yyy") into a dialplan xml actions?
> You don't really. Why exactly would you want to do this?
>
> In some situations I'd like to mute all users other than the moderator from when they join for the duration of the conference. I thought the right way to do this would be via an action in my dialplan as new callers join my conference. What would you recommend?

Look at conference flags, there is one so they enter muted.

> Thanks, Mod_xml_curl looks straightforward enough.
>
>> 4. I'd like to have some private conferences that only certain callers can join. I'll know the callers' ids before hand. I'm assuming a reasonable way to handle is with user groups. How would I test if a user is a member of a particular group?
> If your doing dialplan via mod_xml_curl you can do all that validation in your dialplan lookup.
>
> Can you point me to a resource regarding how I would do this validation? I know how to define users and groups. It's not clear to me how to test for membership in a group or how that would be written (although I'm assuming it would be a condition in the dialplan, correct?).

This has nothing to do with dialplan, it has to do with however you store data about these "groups".  This is completely arbitrary outside of freeswitch.  You could store this information in a database and look it up from your script managing dialplan for example.