[Freeswitch-users] Using FreeSWITCH as a proxy

Oleg Stolyar ostolyar at netflix.com
Tue May 21 06:10:09 MSD 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use FreeSWITCH as a SIP proxy.  I have the dialplan below
which simply sets bypass_media to true and then bridges to another
FreeSWITCH server.

However, when during the call I shut down the proxy FS, the call is
immediately dropped.  Why is that?  Is there a way to keep it going?  I
understand that in this case I won't be able to properly send the BYE
signal when one of the parties hangs up and that's OK.

I tried using redirect and deflect instead of the bridge but those don't
seem to work at all - probably because my UAs don't know how to handle
redirects.

    <extension name="proxy_test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(p\w+)$">
        <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
        <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/1000 at 10.2.182.243
"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>