[Freeswitch-users] advise to troubleshoot a call

Philippe Le Toquin philippe at ppmt.org
Sat May 18 05:27:19 MSD 2013

I thought I would give an update on my audio problem.

No ground breaking news and a bit out of topic, so if you don't like
happy ending just ignore !

After restarting/resetting just about everything in my home (guruplug,
router,cable box, the phone adapter)
I run out of idea and was getting really desperate...my next step was to
reboot the microwave oven just in case :)

I then noticed while doing speed test on my line that the result were
most of the time good but sometime would go very low then bounce back at
the next test.

I ended up calling my internet provider who after doing a few remote
test told me that my connection was rather flaky
and that he was going to send me a technician the next day.

They ended replacing my cable box who had a bad battery but the
technician also changed a few outdoor connectors
that he said were about to give up and were most certainly the cause of
my problem.

Since the phone is working great but more important the wife is happy again!

And I even get slightly more downlink/uplink that is actually advertised

Thanks all for the help and especially Michel Brabants who really helped
me understanding QOS.

/Philippe