[Freeswitch-users] mod_portaudio on Raspberry Pi currently broken?

Lesley Pervis lesley.pervis at gmail.com
Thu May 16 23:15:15 MSD 2013

Great info, thanks.

Once I've got it working, I'll add a Raspberry Pi section to the wiki with
the exact steps to get it working.

In the meantime, I think this page more or less explains what you're
talking about.

http://wiki.debian.org/SoundFAQ

In summary, "apt-get install libasound2-dev alsa-oss" before compiling and
either load the OSS modules by hand with "modprobe snd_pcm_oss" and
"modprobe snd_mixer_oss" or add the OSS modules to /etc/modules so they
load at boot.

You said on your voipusersconference appearance that you're not cross
compiling. Still true? There's sure not much oomph to a Pi.