[Freeswitch-users] IP change detected -> no internal profile

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Thu May 16 04:33:54 MSD 2013

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the response. I agree that this is a strange scenario - there
seems to be some problem with the DHCP server in the environmnet, because
of which, after lease time expiry, it sometimes doesn't provide back the IP
to the device. I assume this triggers a interface down scenario in the
device, causing the  " loose ethX and FS to all available interfaces"
scenario. I have a couple of questions though:
1. " loose ethX and you are binding FS to all available interfaces" - Is FS
binding to available interfaces part configurable? Can I ask freeswitch not
to bind to loop back interface if eth0 goes down?
2. Keeping in mind that this is a strange scenario, should FS still behave
this way? I mean, once the device has got back the right IP, I wonder why
the internal profile has not been loaded back?

Thanks again mate!