[Freeswitch-users] Recommendation for GUI to PBX

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 15 20:50:58 MSD 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Mehroz Ashraf
<mehroz.ashraf85 at gmail.com>wrote:

> About FusionPBX, i guess this is not a complete opensource solution, the
> dialplan area is hidden and you cannot change it according to your
> requirements (correct me if i am wrong)... overall functionality is good
> and support is alive.

Can you expand upon this? I don't recall the dialplan being "hidden" and
I'm sure the source code is open for all to see. It may be that the method
of handling call routing in the UI is less flexible than some people might
need but I don't consider that necessarily a bad thing. A GUI by definition
restricts one's options. That's the entire point of a GUI - to abstract
away all but the "essential" items. I haven't used Fusion in a while but
last time I did it had a place to edit directly the XML files which means
you can always make your own custom extensions if need be.

--
Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz