[Freeswitch-users] Faxing and loopback fun!

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Tue May 14 17:23:24 MSD 2013

Hi all,

I was just randomly thinking about something I was playing with a while ago
and issues surrounding it. Basically, I had a web page that you uploaded a
PDF too, which was then faxed out by FreeSWITCH using ESL using a loopback
dialstring  as it isn't necessarily easy to determine the routes that
should be used to send the fax. Obviously this had some issues,  didn't
like T.38, etc.

My current workaround is to store all the same routes in a database and
loop through them all as part of the upload page to determine the sofia
dialstring I should use as part of the originate command. Is there an
easier way I could do this directly in FreeSWITCH that I've completely
missed?

--
*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*
Managing Director