[Freeswitch-users] Idiot question concerning internal calls

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Tue May 14 16:07:53 MSD 2013

I've just discovered a yawning hole in my knowledge of Freeswitch...

When I make an internal call, I would like to be able to set variables
that are originator specific.

I had previously done this in the directory part of conf with things
like this:

<include>
  <user id="9903301">
   <variables>
    <variable name="tenant_id" value="9903"/>
    <variable name="a_ext" value="301"/>
    <variable name="accountcode" value="301"/>
    <variable name="user_context" value="dp9903"/>
    <variable name="internal_caller_id_name" value="Internal from x301
alex"/>
   </variables>
  </user>
</include>

But when I try to extract those variables in a lua script (eg. the
extension handling "201"), they don't seem to be there.

It's as though they weren't exported from A-Leg to B-Leg.

What am I missing?

How can I arrange for variables set in the <user> to be readable in the
b-leg dialplan?