[Freeswitch-users] zrtp not working

jimmy cho jcho at radixsystems.com
Mon May 13 12:39:04 MSD 2013

Hi,

I am using the default configurations  in the freeswitch server.

I have enabled  zrtp   on a  csimplesip   client and a twinkle  client.  If
 I configure the  freeswitch  server   with

<param name="inbound-bypass-media" value="true"/>

The csimplesip client  can connect with zrtp with the twinkle client on a
linux desktop. ( I get the lock icon ) ( same network )

As my clients can be on different subnets, bypass is not suitable.

How with the bypass media parameter commented  out   I get this is in the
freeswitch log

--> ZRTP not negotiated on both sides; disabling ZRTP passthru mode.

Also the twinkle has the log entry

WARNING NORMAL TwinkleZrtpUI::showMessage
Line 1: Internal ZRTP packet checksum mismatch - packet dropped

I do have

<param name="inbound-zrtp-passthru" value="true"/>

enabled.

Do I need a
zrtp_entrollment=true    set somewhere.  If this is reqiured, where should
it be configured ?

Any suggestions..

Many Thanks

Jimmy