[Freeswitch-users] TCP ACK Ping

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Mon May 13 01:54:42 MSD 2013

Hello all,
I have been doing some experimentation migrating several phones from UDP
to TCP SIP to address MTU issues with BLF NOTIFYs.  Mostly everything is
working great except for Polycom handsets running UC v4.  (Note that I
did not test any v3 phones.)  The phones are behind NAT and Freeswitch
is on a public IP.  The phones periodically send a TCP ACK ping to
Freeswitch which goes unanswered and then phone then tears down the TCP
connection.  I'm not at all a TCP expert but should Freeswitch be
responding to this unsolicited ACK?  I have tried in vain to disable
these keepalives from the Polycoms.  Has anyone else encountered this
behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Spencer