[Freeswitch-users] 5-for-1 review request for FS-3899 (mod_xml_curl error detection)

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Sat May 11 03:07:36 MSD 2013

Hello,

In line with the 5-for-1 approach mentioned a few months ago, I have
triaged FS-3964, FS-4211, FS-4211, FS-4891 and FS-5154.

In return, could a core dev please take a moment to look at this ticket:
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3899

This started off as a discussion about making FS wait until a remote web
server is available before booting up, however I've added some extra
comments on a different approach that could be used.

My suggestion is to add additional functionality to mod_xml_curl that
allows you to define an on_failure event, which then executes any script of
your choice.. you can then implement your own logic in the script.

This would allow you to detect mod_xml_curl problems, and stop your FS
instance from being in a 'semi loaded' state in the event of a temporary
web server problem.

Any thoughts/feedback would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Cal