[Freeswitch-users] DTMF

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri May 10 00:14:00 MSD 2013

Are you sending in-band DTMFs or RFC2833? Or both? Get a pcap of the call,
including the RTP, and analyze it in Wireshark. See what you are actually
sending. That means looking at the flow (to see if you send RTPEVENTS, i.e.
RFC2833 DTMFs) and also listening to the decoded audio with the player.

-MC

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> One of my users complains of many problems calling automated systems that
> take DTMF input. In this case it was an IRS payment entry system that would
> skip or duplicate button presses.
>
> Our setup is pretty generic:
> Polycom SoundPoint IP 320 SIP -> dedicated LAN -> Freeswitch (on CentOS,
> on XenServer) -> Comcast static IP -> Flowroute.com -> some IRS 800 number.
>
> Is this just the way it is, or is there something I can do to make it work
> better?
>
> --
> Steve

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org