[Freeswitch-users] External Softphone vs. Internal Question

Jeff Bernhardt jeff at askcornerstone.net
Wed May 8 22:17:33 MSD 2013

No, they're behind different NAT devices. It goes phone > firewall1 > WAN > firewall2 > FS. Ports 5060 and 5090 are forwarded to FS in firewall2 (though 5060 is disabled now for testing).

I find in the "domain" setting (on Linphone, "Registrar" on Jisti), I can put anything (1.2.3.4) and it will register as long as the proxy is set to <ext-ip>:5090.

I've created my external profile according to http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/General_NAT_example_scenarios.

Here's the reg info for the profile:

Call-ID:                 328893541
User:                       1000 at 192.168.10.32
Contact:                "user" <sip:1000@<phone-firewall-ext-ip>:3773;line=7e848ad901ec2ca;fs_nat=yes;fs_path=sip%3A1000%<phone-firewall-ext-ip>%3A3773%3Bline%3D7e848ad901ec2ca>
Agent:                    LinphoneIPhone/2.0.2 (eXosip2/3.6.0)
Host:                      freeswitch
IP:                           <phone-firewall-ext-ip>
Port:                       3773
Auth-User:            1000
Auth-Realm:        1.2.3.4
MWI-Account:    1000 at 192.168.10.32

Total items returned: 1

Here's the status for the ext5090 profile:

Name                                     ext5090
Domain Name                     N/A
Auto-NAT                             false
DBName                               sofia_reg_ext5090
Pres Hosts
Dialplan                                 XML
Context                                 public
Challenge Realm                 auto_to
RTP-IP                                   192.168.10.32
Ext-RTP-IP                           <fs-firewall-ext-ip>
SIP-IP                                    192.168.10.32
Ext-SIP-IP                             <fs-firewall-ext-ip>
URL                                       sip:mod_sofia@<fs-firewall-ext-ip>:5090
BIND-URL                           sip:mod_sofia@<fs-firewall-ext-ip>:5090;maddr=192.168.10.32;transport=udp,tcp
HOLD-MUSIC                     local_stream://moh
OUTBOUND-PROXY         N/A
CODECS IN                        G722,PCMU,PCMA,GSM
CODECS OUT                     PCMU,PCMA,GSM
TEL-EVENT                        101
DTMF-MODE                      rfc2833
CNG                                       13
SESSION-TO                       0
MAX-DIALOG                    0
NOMEDIA                            false
LATE-NEG                           true
PROXY-MEDIA                  false
ZRTP-PASSTHRU              true
AGGRESSIVENAT             true