[Freeswitch-users] TCP vs UDP SIP

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Wed May 8 21:13:10 MSD 2013

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the insight.  Forgive my ignorance but if I have two Identical Freeswitch servers with SRV records and endpoints that properly support SRVs, why do I loose the ability to failover if one host is not reachable?

Also as many of these end points are Polycoms behind NAT, I can't see any reason I'd still need NDLB-force-rport on the profile?

Since these are application servers, handling conferences, presence, etc., I'd imagine I would hit other bottlenecks before I hit the TCP connection limit.