[Freeswitch-users] settings for a Trixbox v 2.6 connection to a Sip Trunking translate to gateway using Freeswitch 1.2.0

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue May 7 23:58:22 MSD 2013

Richard,

Did you figure this out yet? I suspect that your gateway would look
something like this:

<gateway name="tricom">
  <param name="from-user" value="FROM_USER"/>
  <param name="username" value="YOUR_USERNAME"/>
  <param name="realm" value="XXX.X.132.37"/>
  <param name="password" value="YOUR_PASSWORD"/>
</gateway>

Note that FreeSWITCH does not transcode g729 without a license so be sure
to buy one at FreeSWITCH.org if you intend to use g729. If not you can
probably just use PCMU (i.e. g711u) with the carrier.

We don't have a Tricom entry in our provider configuration
pages<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SIP_Provider_Examples#Provider_Configuration_Pages>so
if you get it working we'd appreciate it if you'd let us know.

-MC

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Richard Cruz <richardrcruzc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi There!
>
> I have the following settings for a Trixbox v 2.6 connection to a Sip
> Trunking at tricom.net
>
> Host=XXX.X.132.37
> defaultuser=**********
> Secret= ***********
> Fromuser=xxxxxxxxxx
> Type=friend
> insecure=invite,port
> Dtmfmode=rfc2833
> Disallow=all
> Allow=g729
> Canredirect=no
> Canreivite=no
> Context=from-trunk
> Qualify=yes
>

> and I want to translate to gateway using Freeswitch 1.2.0
> --
> Richard Cruz
> 678.394-6400

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org