[Freeswitch-users] Is it possible to record a conference with only one attendee?

Joel Rosenfield joelrosenfield at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 21:55:51 MSD 2013

I am starting/stopping the conference recording for an existing conference using the api commands "conference <confname> recording start/stop <file_path>".
I have didn't find a conference flag that would cause the audio to be recorded when there is just one person in the conference.  Did I miss something?

I did see that the auto-record flag only starts recording when there are two attendees, and I wonder if what I am observing when trying to record with only one attendee happens for a similar reason.
I did notice that when I played an announcement on a 1-person conference, that announcement does get recorded:  conference <confname> play <file_path>

My scenario for when I start a recording is this with just myself on the conference is this:
(1) play an annoucement
(2) I say something
(3) wait for someone to join and say I some more.

In my recording file, I hear the announcement (1), then silence, then I hear the audio from the two-person conference (3).  I do not hear my own voice (2).

The use case is that when people try the recording feature, the first thing they want to do is try it out themselves before they adopt it.

Thanks,
- Joel